Research Associate - Assay Development
BioAssay Systems is a biotechnology company located in San Francisco Bay Area. Since 2003, BioAssay Systems has developed, manufactured, and marketed innovative and high-quality assay solutions to satisfy the increasing demands of the life sciences and drug discovery industries. We pride ourselves in serving our customers world-wide. We currently have the following position open.
Position Type: Research Associate - Assay Development
Job Code: AD005
Company Name: BioAssay Systems
Location: 3191 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA, USA
Job Type: Full-Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic research associate to join our growing R&D team. This position will play an important role in increasing our already extensive catalog of biochemical colorimetric, fluorescent, and luminescent 96-well and 384-well plate assay kits. In addition, this role will assist our analytical services department in establishing additional techniques to expand our service capabilities. This candidate may also be involved in providing technical support to customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated recent graduate to be part of a successful and expanding team while learning a number of laboratory skills in a supportive environment. In addition, working on service projects will expose the candidate to multiple other companies and research areas. Moreover, as a small company we offer ample opportunities for professional growth and faster than average promotions.
- A bachelors degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, or related field
- Independent and self-motivated. Initiates completion of tasks and activities with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in both written and spoken English (a good sense of humor is a plus).
- 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience preparing reagents and buffers
- Some experience with or knowledge of biochemical assays
- Some experience with or knowledge of mammalian cell culture
- Vacation and holidays including a company shut down between Christmas and New Year’s
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Health and dental insurance with generous company premium coverage
- Supportive work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for faster than average promotions
Principals only. No phone calls or inquiries. Please indicate the Job title you are applying for. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please Apply by Email.
BioAssay Systems is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our employees.