EnzyChrom™ Maltose Assay Kit
- Quantitative determination of maltose in various biological samples such as serum, urine, food and beverages, etc.
- Fast and sensitive. Use of 10 µL sample. Linear detection range 2 to 500 µM maltose in for colorimetric assays and 1 to 50 µM for flourimetric assays.
- Convenient. The procedure involves adding a single working reagent, and reading the absorbance after 60 minutes. Room temperature assay. No 37°C heater is needed.
- High-throughput. "Add-mix-read" type assay. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay for thousands of samples per day.
- OD570nm, or FL530/585nm
- Serum, urine, food and beverages, etc.
- 100 tests
- 2 µM
- 6 months
- MALTOSE(C12H22O11) is a disaccharide, composed of two glucose units linked by an α bond. It is produced from the hydrolysis of glycogen or starch, serving as a source of energy for plants and animals. Maltose can be found in foods such as grains, and other processed products. BioAssay Systems maltose assay provides a simple, one step assay for measuring maltose. In this assay, maltose is converted to two glucoses, which are then oxidized to form a colored product. The color intensity of the product at 570 nm or fluorescence at λex/em = 530/585 nm is directly proportional to maltose concentration in the sample.