PractiChrom™ L-Lactate Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of L-lactate (L-lactic acid) using the PiCO Explorer handheld absorbance reader.
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection limit of 0.05 mM (4.5 ppm, 0.45 mg/dL) and linearity to 2 mM (178 ppm, 17.8 mg/dL) L-lactate.
- Convenient. Assay performed with portable PiCO Explorer device.
- Cost efficient. No need for expensive plate readers.
- beverage samples (e.g. wine, beer, fruit juices, milk, etc) and biological samples (e.g. serum, plasma, etc).
- 25 tests
- 0.05 mM
- 6 months
- L-Lactate, or L-lactic acid, is generated by lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) under hypoxic or anaerobic conditions. L-lactate is added to many foods and beverages to give it a tart flavor. Increased levels of L-lactate in milk, egg, and fruit juices can be an indication of spoilage. In the wine industry, increasing levels of L-lactate and the decreasing levels of L-malic acid are monitored (Malolactic fermentation). In this process, the overall acidity of the wine is reduced and can lead to the improvement of the flavor of the wine.
BioAssay Systems' PractiChrom™ L-Lactate Assay Kit is based on L-lactate dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of L-lactate in which the formed NADH reduces a chromogenic reagent. The intensity of product color is directly proportional to the L-lactate concentration in the sample.