QuantiChrom™ Isocitrate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit
- For quantitative colorimetric kinetic determination of isocitrate dehydrogenase activity and evaluation of drug effects on its metabolism.
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range (20 μL sample): 0.1 to 100 U/L for 30 min reaction.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Plasma, serum,tissue and culture media etc
- 100 tests
- 0.1 U/L
- 6 months
- ISOCITRATE DEHYDROGENASE (IDH) is an enzyme which catalyzes the interconversion of isocitrate and a-ketoglutarate. There are three IDH isoforms: IDH3 uses the cofactor NAD+ and catalyzes the third step in the citric acid cycle, while IDH1 and IDH2 use the cofactor NADP+ and catalyze the same reaction outside the citric acid cycle. This kit measures the activity of the NADP+ isoforms. Mutations in IDH1 and IDH2 have been linked with various brain tumors and acute myeloid leukemia. BioAssay Systems' non-radioactive, colorimetric IDH assay is based on the reduction of the tetrazolium salt MTT in a NADPH-coupled enzymatic reaction to a reduced form of MTT which exhibits an absorption maximum at 565 nm. The increase in absorbance at 565 nm is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.