EnzyFluo™ Isocitrate Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of isocitrate and evaluation of drug effects on its metabolism.
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range (20 μL sample): 0.6 to 500 μM for 10 min reaction.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- FL530/585 nm
- Food, beverage, biological samples (e.g. cell lysate, tissue homogenate, serum, etc.)
- 100 tests
- 0.6 µM
- 6 months
- ISOCITRATE (ISOCITRIC ACID) is a substrate in the citric acid (TCA) cycle. Isocitrate is formed by the isomerization of citrate catalyzed by the enzyme aconitase. Isocitrate is oxidized by isocitrate dehydrogenase producing α-ketoglutarate and generating NADPH. Isocitrate is commonly found in many fruits and vegetables and their processed products. Industrially, isocitrate is used as a marker to identify the quality and purity of fruit juices. BioAssay Systems' isocitrate assay measures the NADPH generated from the oxidation of isocitrate. The NADPH reduces a probe into a highly fluorescent product. The fluorescence intensity of this product, measured at λex/em = 530/585 nm, is proportional to the isocitrate concentration in the sample.