QuantiQuik™ Glucose Quick Test Strips
- Direct determination of glucose concentrations in food and beverage samples as well as biological (e.g. urine, blood, etc.) samples.
Note: Requires access to pipettes for dilution. We offer pipettes that can be purchased separately: 20 uL Pipettes (Catalog: TP-20) or 100 uL Pipettes. (Catalog: TP-100)
- Fast and sensitive. Use of 20 or 100 µL sample. Semi-quantitative measurement between 0-720 mg/L (undiluted) Glucose.
- Convenient. No expensive lab equipment needed.
- Sample treatment and assay can be performed in under 15 minutes.
- Wine, beer, juice, etc
- 10 tests
- 6 months
- GLUCOSE(C6H12O6) is found in the food industry as either a natural component of the food or as an additive. Not only is glucose added to food and beverages for its impact on taste, texture, and color, but also because it can serve as a preservative. BioAssay Systems QuantiQuik™ Glucose Test Strips are based on Glucose dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of glucose in which the formed NADH reduces a chromogenic reagent. The intensity of the product color is directly proportional to the glucose concentration in the sample.
What samples have you tested?The strips have been tested on serum, urine, red wine, white wine, lemonade, grape juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, beer, champagne, homogenized whole milk, almond milk, and Greek yogurt.
My sample turns the strip very dark purple, how can I determine the glucose concentration?Very dark purple indicates that the diluted sample concentration is greater than 4 mM. To obtain a more accurate concentration, the sample should be further diluted and retested. For example, if the sample was diluted 5×, try diluting 21×. For most fruit juices, the sample will need to be diluted 210×. This can be done in two steps by first diluting the sample 10× in dilution solution (distilled water) and then diluting 21× in Development Reagent.
I don’t have access to a pipetteman. How can I accurately measure out my samples?We offer exact volume transfer pipettes as an accessory. For samples requiring a 21× dilution, order the 20 µL transfer pipettes (TP20). For samples requiring a 5× dilution, order the 100 µL transfer pipettes (TP100). For samples requiring a 210× dilution, order the 20 µL and 100 µL transfer pipettes.
Can I store unused reagents for future use?Yes, unused reagents can be stored according to the assay protocol. The strips should be kept in a dry, cool location and protected from light.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Or for more general information regarding our assays, please refer to our General Questions.