QuantiChrom™ Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Kit
- For quantitative colorimetric determination of Glucose-6-Phosphate concentration and evaluation of drug effects on its metabolism.
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range (20 μL sample): 0.2 to 100 U/L for 15 min reaction.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Plasma, serum, tissue and culture media, etc
- 100 tests
- 0.2 U/L
- 6 months
- GLUCOSE-6-PHOSPHATE DEHYDROGENASE (G6PDH) is a cytosolic enzyme in the pentose phosphate pathway which supplies reducing energy to cells by maintaining the level of the co-enzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH). G6PDH reduces nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) to NADPH while oxidizing glucose-6-phosphate (G6P). Humans with a genetic deficiency of G6PDH are predisposed to non-immune hemolytic anemia. BioAssay Systems' non-radioactive, colorimetric G6PDH assay is based on the reduction of the tetrazolium salt MTT in a NADPH-coupled enzymatic reaction to a reduced form of MTT which exhibits an absorption maximum at 565 nm. The increase in absorbance at 565 nm is proportional to the enzyme activity.