QuantiChrom™ G6PDH Inhibitor Screening Kit
- HTS for inhibitor screening and evaluation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase inhibitors.
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay.
- High-throughput. Homogenous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling system.
- Rapid and reliable. Can be completed in 30 minutes and no 37°C heater is needed.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
- 100 tests
- 6 months
- GLUCOSE-6-PHOSPHATE DEHYDROGENASE (G6PDH) is a cytosolic enzyme in the pentose phosphate pathway which supplies reducing energy to cells by maintaining the level of the co-enzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH). G6PDH reduces nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) to NADPH while oxidizing glucose-6-phosphate (G6P). Humans with a genetic deficiency of G6PDH are predisposed to non-immune hemolytic anemia. Recently, studies have found G6PDH plays a critical role in survival, proliferation, and metastasis of cancer cells. Therefore, inhibitors of the enzyme are attractive candidates for new cancer therapeutics. BioAssay Systems non-radioactive, colorimetric G6PDH assay is based on the reduction of the tetrazolium salt MTT in a NADPH-coupled enzymatic reaction to a reduced form of MTT which exhibits an absorption maximum at 565 nm. The increase in absorbance at 565 nm is proportional to the enzyme activity. The percent inhibition of a test compound can be determined by comparing the activity of G6PDH treated with a test compound to the activity of untreated G6PDH.
Does the kit come with the G6PDH enzymes or control inhibitors?No, these are not included.
How do I store the kit?Store all components at -20°C for long term storage.
What species of G6PDH was the kit optimized for?The kit was optimized for L. Mesenteroides G6PDH.
What if I am interested in testing inhibition of a species besides L. Mesenteroides?We recommend that you experimentally determine the Km and then adjust the volume of substrate so that the final concentration of the substrate in the 100 µL Reaction Volume is near the Km.
What G6PDH inhibitor was tested using this kit?Zn(NO3)2 in dH20.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Or for more general information regarding our assays, please refer to our General Questions.