PractiChrom™ D-Lactate Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of D-lactate (D-lactic acid) using the PiCO Explorer handheld absorbance reader.
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection limit of 0.05 mM (4.5 ppm, 0.45 mg/dL) and linearity to 1 mM (89 ppm, 8.9 mg/dL) D-lactate.
- Convenient. Assay performed with portable PiCO Explorer device.
- Cost efficient. No need for expensive plate readers.
- beverage samples (e.g. red wine, beer, fruit juices, milk, etc) and biological samples (e.g. serum, plasma, etc).
- 25 tests
- 0.05 mM
- 6 months
- D-Lactate, or D-lactic acid, is generated by D-lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) under hypoxic or anaerobic conditions. D-lactic acid is produced in only minor quantities in animals and measuring for D-lactic acid in animal samples is a means to determine the presence of bacterial infection. Furthermore, since D-lactic acid is a specific indicator of bacterial fermentation, its measurement can be used to determine the freshness of milk, meat and fruit juices. Elevated levels of D-lactic acid in wine are an indication of lactic acid bacteria contamination.
BioAssay Systems' PractiChrom™ D-lactate Assay Kit is based on D-lactate dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of D-lactate in which the formed NADH reduces a chromogenic reagent. The intensity of product color is directly proportional to the D-lactate concentration in the sample.