QuantiFluo™ Ammonia Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of ammonia/ammonium concentration by fluorimetry at 360nm/450nm (compatible on handheld fluorimeter catalog# FL360450).
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range of 0.012 - 1 mM ammonia.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Biological (eg urine) and environ-mental samples
- 200 tests
- 12 μM
- 6 months
- AMMONIA (NH3) or its ion form ammonium (NH4+) is an important source of nitrogen for living systems and is ubiquitously present in the nature. Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring NH3 are very desirable. BioAssay Systems ammonia/ammonium assay is based on an improved o-phthalaldehyde method. This reagent reacts with ammonia/ ammonium and forms a fluorescent product. The fluorescence intensity (λex/em = 360/450nm) is proportional to the ammonia concentration in the sample.